Sunday, April 27, 2014

The pay off: when things start to go right!

So much time seems to be spent on the things you must give up in order to be fit. I would like to share the other side of the coin.

I started to feel better from the first week. When I was into my second or third week I noticed I did not crave sugar. I also noticed I wanted to move more. Small changes were starting to happen, very slow but steps in the correct direction. Just from my story I really got a lot out of every time I dropped into a new weight range. Wow not over 300lbs I’m 298..I would take that as a victory! One of the first thrills was to sit in a booth and have room to move. I remember still not being tired after 2pm in the afternoon and thinking that’s odd.

I started my journey right after Halloween on purpose, I wanted to see if I could survive the holidays plus the winter. Very tough to do, but so what I wanted to change. Very important little thought that by the way I WANTED TO CHANGE!! Taking a tip from those books my wife had when she was expecting our first child, great books that would explain what to expect in the first month and fourth etc..

So what can you expect in your first months?

A slow but steady increase in your energy.

Your tight clothes getting slack.

You can expect compliments and questions from people, “what’s your secret ?” I  love that one a lot.

People will admire your success and you might even make some new friends along the way because of changing your old lazy ways.

If you are doing everything right with in 12 weeks you can be down a good 10% of your weight and added muscle. Now lean muscle weighs more but you will be much leaner.

You will sleep better at night and feel good when you wake in the morning.

Your focus at everyday things will be much stronger.

Best of all it continues to get better each of the things I mentioned.

As time went on I looked for more food choices and I never feel like I’m doing with out.

I use to think of 30 as being old, then 40 well that must be old. Nope and now I’m 50 and I fell stronger then when I was 20.

The difference is I no longer diet, I live paleo everyday to my best and it is paying off.

I no longer desire any candy or deserts, I m mean zero temptation at all. I find it hard to imagine all the junk I use to put into my body. I am amazed I was able to pull myself out of the nose dive that was my health. If I can , then so can you! I’m speaking to whoever out there has had enough of diets and feeling ill. I have not been sick for several years now, I ‘m off all medication and even my depression which I suffered most of my life seems like a memory now.

Why wait any longer? make today day one and go for a walk, start getting rid of those meals from boxes and frozen pizza rolls, pasta, bread and sugars. Eat lots  vegetables and meat along with fruits and nuts. 

Move your body everyday. Park your car at the back of the parking lot, take the stairs, go around your block four or five times after dinner. The payoff starts right away even if you are the last to noticed it.

As always please leave comments or questions.

Peace and love all!

Here’s a basement gypsy tune for you.

2 comments:

  1. Mark, I have talked to you before about wanting to lose weight but it was hard to get the motivation. Three weeks ago I went to a new Internal Medicine Dr. that specializes in Endocrinology with the intentions of NOT getting diabetes and high blood pressure/heart disease that is very common in my family history. To my surprise test results showed I am a diabetic ( just barely) and I have high blood pressure!! She put me on two kinds of medicines and I monitor my blood sugar daily. From the first day I went to her I started tracking what I ate on My Fitness Pal. Once she put me on meds it made me bound and determined to NOT to stay on meds!! I have an arms length list of why I want to lose weight and now I have 2 more. I have lost 7 lbs so far and am now starting to incorporate exercise. I know you and your family are very proud of you for what you have accomplished. Thank you for your willingness to help others through your own journey, trials and tribulations!! I will look to your blog for inspiration, motivation and some great recipes to come!! I might MSG you if I need some help at some point. I know from your experience I can do it too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Laura, thanks for taking the time to read my post and the nice comments. Like you said baby steps at first are the way to go. Set small goals and start to count your victories! Look forward to seeing you on the trail this summer!

    ReplyDelete