Sunday, April 30, 2017

Time is not the same for everyone

Hey all,

So up front I'm an idiot and know nothing about physics,but this frees me not unlike herr Einstein to have an open mind and question things and think about what if. I love the idea of time travel and would love to visit the past as well as a take peek into the future. I have read that time is not what we accept it to be, such as we measure it by minutes, days years etc. The past,present and future just are, all we can really know is the now.

My little day dreaming focused on how I hear other folks describing time, just a few things we hear in the course of a day:

Time flies when you are having fun .
this day is dragging on.
where did the day go?

People wish it was already 5pm or how can it be 6 am already, we cannot wait until it's Friday only to have the weekend fly by so fast.

I never get bored, I'm so curious all the time my mind is always asking questions and looking around my office, home and city I notice how people who react to time different. We know people who are always late or show up right on time. We point out the early birds because they seem to be on a different schedule... I think they are and this goes for the late people.  In any given 24 hours if you speak with different folks you will hear so many versions of all the things they accomplish or how little time they had to do and nothing got done and now they are out of time.

I think of Morley's ghost and the spirits he sent to Scrooge for a bit of time travel and they referred to the people of the past as shadows.  I have been to several historical sites and stood where famous people once stood for a battle or a famous landmark. I always think about what shadows or impressions have been left there, or always were there in time. I imagine in my mind that if we had a pair of magic glasses we could see the different stages of our own lives , so we walk past our childhood school and put on the glasses and we see a seven year old version of ourself on a swingset.

Lots of rambling I know , but I woke up this morning and I needed to jot it down, seemed very profound at the moment or maybe I'm just killing time.


Peace and love


No comments:

Post a Comment