Friday, March 25, 2016

Having fun yet?

Hey all,

Just asking out loud along with all this eating clean, working out, hiking, biking etc..are you having a good time? If not, your doing it wrong. Life is painfully short, and I for one am doing my best not to waste time on drama and bullshit like self pity or worrying for a moment what people think of me. I consider myself to be very fortunate in the fact that I’m an ugly guy. Made all the difference in my life. If I was born with a handsome face and athletic body my path would have been much different. I knew who was popular very quick in school and I noticed with all of my flaws one thing I did not have was that sense of desperation the hip kids all shared. I never felt jealous of these groups because they never seemed to very interesting people once you met them. Now all the social misfits were well read, paid close attention to films, had lots of free time to learn an instrument or become artists.
I always felt like a bit of an outsider and found strength in my solitude. Now as an adult looking back I had a great childhood and my teenage years even though I was alone a lot I never felt lonely. The day I met my wife I walked up to her without a second thought and asked her out. I had no thought of how cool I was or not, I was confident in myself and 25 years later we still hold hands when we walk.
My rambling has a point, laugh it up while you can. No one has a free ride, enjoy being yourself, shoot for the best version of you by all means but have room to laugh at yourself.
I just found out that my daughters friends after seeing me wolf down a large bag of banana chips came up with a name for me years ago…”Mutton!!”  I thought it was hilarious, I’m sure there's been all kinds of Mutton jokes about over the years.
Having fun is very serious thing, make sure you take time to laugh at yourself as well. We can try and be perfect but we all know we are not, still going to try and I will still fuck up. That’s Ok laugh it off and keep going.


Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment