Saturday, July 25, 2015

Doing Solitary -taking a swim in lake me

Hello All,

When I first chose to become healthy I was so overwhelmed by information I decided to start with going for a walk, so I grabbed my mp3 player and took off. I'm very happy to say within days of my little walks the first smart thing I did was to leave the tunes at home.



I soon discovered my mind was filled with all the conversations and bits of news of the day, a real cluster fuck of information pounding away at my mind. A funny thing happened though as I continued my walks, I found the sounds of nature to be very calming, and for the first time in a long time I started to hear my own thoughts..no TV pundits telling me what to think.

This was all very new to me and I was approaching the early stages of meditation and was aware it was having a very profound effect on me.

My early walks were very structured, I would walk out 20 minutes from my door and turn around there by getting in 30 minutes of walking plus ten minutes of fat burning. I was and continue to be a guinea pig trying new experiments every month. My walks now have no agenda other than quiet time to ponder and be as far away as I can from my desk at work.

I have also become a big fan of bike riding, I try and get in at least 10 miles a day and much more on the weekends. Bike riding has opened many doors to my peace of mind. My body is being pushed and my spirit as well. Each hill I climb is a question of do I have what it takes to make it and when I do succeed it carries me on to the next challenge.

A good example of this for me as I was riding an overcame some bastard hill and I was sucking air but still feeling proud of my achievement , I thought how close I was to giving up and yet dug deep and made it through. So I soon started to apply this thinking to every difficult problem.

All you really need is a quiet spot to sit,I prefer to be on the move but whatever works for you. The main thing is to unplug from all the bombardment of information and give your self time to think and reflect. We live in a world of 24 hour news and every jackass feels the desire to spin every story to aid their cause or destroy anothers.

These results I cherish came about by finding some time to be alone with my thoughts. Its a wonderful feeling to not give a damn about what other people think of you, or what people would say if you were to try this project or that idea.

Be true to yourself, take a step away from work,family,friends and listen to your own beliefs and act on them.

I feel like a better man to my family and friends as well as my work because I have found doing a little solitary can be fine company.

Peace and Love


No comments:

Post a Comment