Thursday, October 8, 2015

When you gain weight back

 

Hey All,

I want to share this with you and I hope it helps someone out there. I have had a good year with my fitness and topping it off with completing a century bike ride in September. I have been taking it easy since the ride and giving my Achilles' tendon time to heal. So for three weeks I did nothing, no walking or bike riding,kettle bell etc.. nothing.

Well I did start working on my mother’s recipe of short bread, I got pretty good at that.

12039732_10204792043303494_8183157728898804981_n

 

I also drank a lot  of beer and wine and  told myself I am doing just fine for a 52 year old guy.

My wife picked out a shirt for me and it was form fitting and showed off my recent rewards for all that shortbread and doing nothing! I had gained 13lbs of fat (almost a stone in the UK) in the past two months.

 INBOX72937d5fe16b1e99e7fa708fb7159e2b09906

So what do you do? You forgive your self and move forward. I know what I did wrong and I let it get out of control. I started walking again this week,this has always been my go to workout. I’m going back to basics and intend to be wearing this shirt instead of taking it back to get a larger size. So today is October 8 2015 lets see how long it takes for me to get back on my path.

We all make errors and fall off the wagon, I was due a misstep but now I’m back on path. Thanks to everyone who reads my posts and I will keep you posted .

 

Peace and love all!

4 comments:

  1. Ah, the dance. I don't know as to your being "due a misstep", but I know it happens. And it happens so easily. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 100% my doing but I'm back and more commited than before, life is good!

      Delete