Thursday, March 19, 2015

Mind Games

 

I will continue to keep on playing those mind games forever, thanks John Lennon now I have that tune in my head.  I play all sorts of stories in my head to get through my day, and you know what? its working!

There is a loneliness  at first when you are side stepping all the trappings that made you unhealthy or when you  are working out and  no one is around and you have to push yourself to keep up the fight. It can be very tough,…so you need to come up with some ideas to focus on when it gets rough and it will get rough.

The first thing I do is keep my mind focused on my end goal and I balance it against one of my least favorite memories. Its an old idea that works well..is that bowl of Ice cream better tasting than the feeling you get when you can wear that outfit that a year ago was impossible to conceive?!

I also picture myself after reaching my goal, I act like I’m already there. My confidence is higher, and just like having a new car I take care of this new healthy body and treat it with the respect it deserves..no cheap gas for  this baby!

Over time I have turned every bad snack into a poison in my mind, so much so I get repulsed when I see folks eating cake or large amounts of bread.

If you every goes your way at some point you will reach your goal,but the game is not over now you must maintain so the mind games must continue.

When I reach a goal I add a new goal , and get my head wrapped around that.

I indulge myself with all sorts of Walter Mitty adventures to finish up one more rep or go and extra mile and it always pays off.

So make up your mind the type of person you want to be, and start acting like that person today…it will so become a habit and than a lifestyle.

 

Peace and Love

 

No comments:

Post a Comment