Friday, March 13, 2015

Missing parts of the puzzle

 

  I humble admit if I was a cartoon I would be Pooh bear just walking about smiling at the sunshine and getting lost in the woods and slowly learning something every now and then. So its far all the other Pooh bears I continue to share my progress …

In a brief review last year I gave up using a scale, started using a kettlebell, joined a gym for Winter access, started using a Fitbit, quit using a Fitbit, started cooking and preparing as many of my meals as I can, but I was missing something that I knew I would have to accept…

 

Now as I have said in other posts the scale does not hold much weight with me (pun intended) a scale is just that what you weigh at that given moment,but still we have numbers we would like to see.

So for myself I want to be under 200lbs the lowest weight I have reached is 207lbs and most of the year I seem to be about 215lbs. I’m far more interested in getting inches off of my belly. The guide lines for Men is under 40inches and for Women under 35 inches. There was a time when my belly was 58 inches!! and I got it  down too 41 inches over the  year .

So the damage the Winter had on me was my weight went up to 225lbs and my stomach went up to 46 inches (shit!) .

So I reviewed my Winter months looking for the reasons…I had a few good excuses, I hurt my elbow and stopped going to the gym, its dark when I get home, ice and snow stopped me a few times, but the real culprit was I started snacking more and eating more.  I got into a habit of snacking on a mix of nuts and little bits of chocolate in between  meals and even when eating healthy I was eating more then I should have.

On March 1st I decided to stop mindless snacking and prepare all of my meals that I can.The next step was to be aware of the amount of food I was eating and get use to eating one serving.

Update: 13 days later and my weight is around 215lbs again and my stomach is around 44 inches. I broke out my bike and now that the clocks have changed I look forward to bike rides after work. You just have to be honest with yourself and take responsibility for your actions.  So for me the missing piece of the puzzle was that I was still over eating ..”Oh Bother” said Pooh Bear

hqdefault

No comments:

Post a Comment