Tuesday, June 2, 2015

A year of challenge!

Hello All,

So it looks like this is a year of challenges for your humble narrator.  I  have been trying  to find little things along the way to challenge myself like drink more water or park as far away as I can from my office,but now I have gone full throttle!


My year now looks something like this: 


August: a midnight ramble 25 mile bike ride through St. Louis at night.


September: a 100 mile bike ride to support MS in Illinois.


October: I will enter my first Tough Mudder competition 12 miles of mud and obstacles to challenge your physical and mental state.


So all I have to do now is get myself as prepared as I can for these different challenges, and I have a plan!


I quickly noticed that I'm not a runner or jogger , ok I walk a lot but at my own pace and that will have to step up (pun ).

So this week I started walk/jogging my goal being about 2-3 miles, I can not think of reason why I would need to jog any further than that at any given time. This is what I have discovered so far.

1. I need to learn how to breath when I jog

2. I have muscles in my thighs that I was unaware of until this morning when I awoke.

3. there is nothing graceful about me when I jog..yet

I also know that anything is possible if you stick with it, how many people quit playing guitar because of the F chord?!

This might be my mid life crisis or maybe turning 50 woke me up to the fact that there is more to life than working and sleeping. I don't mind muscle aches from working out, I do mind aches and pains from not using my body.

I will post more as I go along at this time I can jog for about 1 minute maybe two...I am just starting and like a friend recently said to me "your a man who makes things happen". I like that thought that I am the one in charge of what I do.


Peace and Love all

No comments:

Post a Comment