Sunday, January 13, 2013

Improv to Improve!

 

Hello All,

 

It’s the start of the real cold season and lots of people have already started to give up on their resolutions for this new year. It only takes a few bad thoughts to sabotage your plans.

A friend of mine is just now starting the Primal Blue print by Mark Sisson and asked me for a quick tip for a meal on the run. Great question, always try to plan ahead for the times you run short of time. I told him to start keeping hard boiled eggs on hand. Taste great,full of protein and it will get you through your busy day. If you have been eating Primal for awhile you will find its also easy to fast for awhile without much effort. Here’s some other tips I use.

I like to eat a big breakfast, I can go all day on that alone if need be.

Apples, I rarely go to work without a granny smith apple in my briefcase.

Dried fruit and almonds.

I also buy some standards things to have on hand like cans of tuna,avocados,peppers,onions,and bags of salad mix.

I can always make a good meal out of these.

This weekend I was looking forward to get a good day of hiking in,plans changed and I had to go to my office and work. When I got off it was pouring rain. The old me would have tossed in the towel but I decided a walk is a walk so off I went with my wife as she shopped for deals for her site (please stop by). I must have walked for two hours. That’s an easy workout and I got to help spend some fun time with my wife.

We found a coffee table that needed to be refurbished but the problem is its so cold in our garage where we work we may have to wait months to this project finished. Solution: I grab some sheets and hung them from a rafter,borrowed a space heater and got busy.

If you want to do anything you just can’t let things get in your way. Any problem that comes my way is a challenge for me to solve. Bring it on, I feel so good whenever I can get anything done.

 

I read a very good tip this week I would like to leave you with. Do not follow anything 100% or you will fail. You need to be able to adapt to the moment. Don’t paint yourself into a corner, I missed a meal so its all over, I ate one candy bar now I’m fat forever etc.. Think on your feet, stay sharp and have fun along the way. 

Peace and Love all.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment