Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Time to Eat!

 

I refuse to eat fast food, if I don’t have the time to prepare a meal then I would rather do without.

I admit the first time I read a cook book and saw phrases such as put in oven for 60 minutes or use fresh garlic gloves, well I was like who has that kind of time?! It turns out I do and my hunch is you do as well.

I walk in the door from work and first thing I do is preheat my oven and starting dicing veggies or making up a salad while the rest of the meal is in the oven. Its no different then when you go out for dinner and order a steak.

I love smelling the food in the kitchen or out on my bbq grill, it gets your body ready for the food your about to it. I keep learning all the time and I ask other people who cook for ideas. I called my mother and had her show me how to make my favorite meals she made for me growing up.

I take pride in working in the kitchen and coming up with something new. I have learned how to enjoy a glass of wine and savor the time when I sit down to eat.

Some basic things I add to a lot of my meals: grilled onions,garlic, peppers ,ground pepper and sea salt. For oils I only use extra virgin oil or coconut oil.

Such simple little changes in my life make be a happier person and I feel a healthier person as well.

It’s not my  position to tell anyone what they should be eating , I’m just sharing what I have learned. Slow food that you make fills more than just your belly.

 

Peace and Love all!

No comments:

Post a Comment