Friday, April 18, 2014

My personal work out

Hello all, to be healthy you need to eat real food ( future post) and you need to move.

Follow these two rules and you will be far ahead of the average American.  My story may be similar to yours regarding exorcise in any form. I was not very good at it.

Some basic things up front, some folks win the gene pool, they are lean and fit,muscular and get to eat whatever they feel like and they look great in every single picture. Then there’s everyone else or so I was lead to believe .

There is another group who should be mentioned. These are the people who make a lot of correct choices along the way so when they are out at social events or holidays they can afford to indulge a tiny bit. I have a friend on  Facebook  who always  look great, yet always seems to be eating sweets and cookies etc.. I accused her of witchcraft (the only thing I could come up with) she let me know she spends several hours a week with her pal Jillian Michaels!

See that’s the key to a lot of fit people they make that choice to counter whatever so called bad food choices with hard work. I have to admire them and it does work the proof is in the pudding ( yes that was pun). So if you’re the type that can hit the gym or workout along with a video coach good for you. I could not.

My wife told me to start as you plan to go on! So if you plan on going to the gym for three hours each day ,well I knew I would not. I had to find something for my lazy self. several things fell into place all at once for me.

The railroad tracks near my home wore removed and Grant’s trail came in its place. As of this writing 8 miles of smooth paved trail that twists along some sections of woods along side Gravois creek ( U.S. Grant use to ride his horse up this creek to visit his girlfriend Julie Dent) . So I started walking on this trail, its filled with bike riders, joggers and families. I would measure out a half mile seemed like a good turn around point so I could say hey I just walked a mile. No pain in my knees, I would listen to music and after awhile I would push my distance up to two or three miles.

I also rediscovered bike riding. I love to ride the trail and have done the full 16 miles several times when I have a quiet day  to myself. I also started walking a mile every day at lunchtime around my work. Very rare that I don’t get my lunch time walk in.

Now anything under a five mile walk does not faze me at all, same with anything under a 10 mile ride is not a big thing to me. I found out thought that’s enough if I eat real food in moderation.

My new discovery is the KettleBell. Russian have been using these weights for years as   a  way of getting stronger. I use a 35lb kettlebell and I find a very tough workout. Send me a note if you have any questions regarding all the moves I do etc..

 

I also walk whenever I can, I walk down the hall instead of sending someone an instant message, I always take the stairs and I toss in some push ups when ever I can.

All these slow baby steps add up very quickly I have found. So pick your workout, it can be simple walking through the mall, bike riding, swimming, dancing,hiking through the woods, yard work, playing with your kids or your pets. The main thing is to get off your ass as often as you can . The more you move the more you will want to .

 

Peace and Love all!

 

Todays basement gypsy video has a some pictures of Grant’s trail my home away from home!

No comments:

Post a Comment