Saturday, January 3, 2015

Are you having fun?!!

 

 

If your not having fun then you are doing something wrong. I think life is very simple and people just can not seem to stop making it hard. We create stress where it never existed, we set up arbitrary rules and times and borders and titles etc.. such madness.

So lets take a breath settle down and enjoy life and have fun, its OK you can have fun.

I think this applies to almost everything, it does not mean you don’t try hard and focus on problems, its about  trying to  keep things in perspective and enjoy your life.  I work in a corporate world five days a week and I’m on call 24/7. Events do happen that I use to allow stress to take over. The result was I would panic and get the job done but be wiped out and mentally drained and dreading the next situation. Once I discovered I chose this stress and no one else I started to work out ways to deal with it.

At work I adapted the view that everyday would be different and filled with change and to expect it several different versions of what needed to be done and than it would be changed again. I have little control of what the powers that be want in the long run,but I do know what is required at any given moment so I focus on that to my best. The result no stress and I keep busy and the days go by fast.

Its that time of year I use to dread: putting up and taking down the Christmas tree  and outside lights ( I was fat and lazy) and now I look at it as and easy way to get in some extra steps (10,000 a day is mandatory) and a light workout. I also love getting my house back to normal after the holidays. I just simply changed my view of what needed to be done from drudgery to fun.

Workouts should be fun as well,perhaps one of the best ways to have fun. When I was a kid I played in the park and climbed trees ,rode my bike everywhere all day long in the sun. As I grew up and played soccer these rules started to set in(no fighting, no hands, don’t cross that line etc..) . Life became full of rules the older I got and the more I got in line and followed like the rest of the sheep fun soon went away. Being an adult does not mean you can’t roll down a big hill are jump in a pile of leaves. We need to laugh more and move more. The nature of your job may keep you sitting in a small box surrounded by artificial lights and computer screens,that does not mean the rest of your time has to be sitting on a nicer chair watching a TV screen.

I joined a gym recently so I would have a place to go in the Winter and have access to some weights. I don’t see too many happy people there and most keep to themselves. It gave me the idea to build my own backyard gym this year and I will write about in the months to come. My gym will be about strength and balance and funs thing I can challenge myself at.  Every month I make new plans to try out to make my life more fun.

We all know the expression about death and taxes, all true but there is also enjoyment. I spent a lot of my life filled with self hatred, being envious of people I assumed had a better life then me. Why was their life so much easier/better than mine?!!  Well its a New Year and as good a time as any to start fresh with the idea of life is good and what can I do to make it fun.

 

We all do what we have to do to make a living, I base my wealth on if I’m happy or not. Its very simple do what makes you happy and enjoy your life.

Peace and Love all!  

No comments:

Post a Comment