Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Primal Jambalaya

 

Hello All, its been awhile since I posted a recipe, so here you go. Jambalaya primal style. Since rice is not a part of my diet I missed out on one of my favorite dishes until I found this in the Primal Blue print cook book.

It has all the ingredients you would expect : sausage ,onions,peppers,diced tomatoes and shrimp all added to a big pot and slow cooked with chicken broth. The trick is cauliflower, instead of rice. You just break off some florets of cauliflower and grate them and pour them over the mix and let simmer away. I have not tried this yet but it looks very easy.

the list of ingredients are:

1/2 pound of spicy sausage

1 small finely chopped onion

2 green bell peppers cut into strips

2 garlic cloves finely chopped

1 teaspoon of paprika

1 teaspoon of salt

1 teaspoon of paprika

1 teaspoon of dried oregano

1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme

dash of cayenne pepper

1 can of diced tomatoes

1 cup of chicken broth

1 head of cauliflower

1 pound of shrimp

4 scallions finely chopped

 

Cook the sausage in a large pot as it browns add some oil and sauté the peppers and onions , add the rest and let it simmer away.

I’m going to try this Friday night and see how it turns out.

Peace and Love all

No comments:

Post a Comment