Saturday, January 17, 2015

My Primal Day

 

Hello All,

Some changes in my life in just the past year that have become now my daily pattern without much thought.

I get up early every day about the same time and almost always before my alarm goes off. I put on a pot of coffee and do some basic body weight workout moves, push ups/planks/squats.

My breakfast comes down to scramble eggs with spinach or a banana smoothie with blue berries and almond milk.

Lunch is a protein shake followed by a mile walk out by a pond near my office.

When I get home from work I want to eat right away and I tend to prepare my own meals because not everyone in my family has the desire to eat the way I do. It took me 48 years before I started so I keep my mouth shut. Most nights its a salad with some sort of meat thrown in, some nights I might  have a sweet potato as well and a glass of red wine.

Bed time is almost always the same time and I fall asleep quickly and always have very vivid dreams.

Another new curve I threw in the mix was I joined a gym for access to some equipment plus a place to go to in the winter.

I keep adding new things like every day I need to walk 5 miles at least or bike ride 10 miles a day. This weeks new kick is by the end of the day I need to do 300 push ups. Now two years ago I could barely do 5 push ups, but of late I’ve been making my self work a little harder and now I do little sets threw out my day.

I just keep on adding something positive and try and get rid of something negative. We all have 24 hours to work with, so did all the great thinkers and inventors of the world. I call a bad day now any day I waste my time when I could be improving or just having fun.

Fun is very important to me, so I try and have fun in all I do. I never thought I would be the type to focus and plan,make to do lists, but I must say it all pays off.

My weekends are longer versions of walks/bike rides as well as when I will settle down to watch a movie or hang with friends.

Perhaps the most primal thing I do over all is I keep on the move.

Peace and Love all

No comments:

Post a Comment