Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Body in motion

 

Hello All,

Just a quick note about not giving up…ever! I often have long days of pressure from working in the corporate world (my choice so I’m not bitching)  and during the day in my mind I think “boy when I get home I will ride so far ,work out etc..” and then when I get home my mind shifts to what’s for dinner or turn on the TV and tune out. This is the time you need to rethink too what it feels like in a mind numbing meeting or endless emails to respond to and how you wish you were outdoors.

So as an example the other night I rode a fast six miles on my mountain bike, so good cardio for a bit and when I put my bike away I was passing my kettlebell and felt there was no way I could face swinging that beast of pig iron tonight. I went inside took a look around and thought how long is my kettlebell workout in real time? So back out I go, still breathing heavy from my ride and I picked up the bell and started swinging it.

To my great surprise I felt very strong and my breathing soon switched to this workout of different muscle groups. I felt energized and sleep well that night feeling accomplished.

When you set realistic goals and keep your word with yourself its just a great feeling.

So reward yourself, make a plan and stick to it.

Peace and love all

No comments:

Post a Comment