Thursday, April 9, 2015

My Book of Cool

 

Hello All,

 

A few years ago on my FaceBook page I decided to do a shout out to folks I know who impress me in some fashion. I took the title from a line in the film Dusk till Dawn when George Clooney’s character as a bank robber tells his hostages to remain quiet and they will all be in his “book of cool”! I love the line and I borrowed it right away.

I found great pleasure in doing so it turns out, how simple an idea to tell someone in your life that they matter and at times they really stand out to you.

I stopped doing it for awhile because I did not want it to become a click or some type of bullshit contest of your cool but she is not, but I missed doing it and it makes me feel  good to stop and high five a pal or hug a person.

I admire people who get it, fly their freak flag ,walk against the crowd,stick too their guns no matter what anyone else thinks.

If you think something is of value that shout it out or don’t …wear what you dig brother.

I have a soft spot for writers of any type who can put down a thought on paper and make it a novel or lyric.

I admire anyone who goes on a stage to perform and really sells it! 

I admire people who work with their hands and create something.

I greatly admire people who have the ability to make every day you see them a better day.

I was also floored by some of the responses I got back from my friends , very powerful stuff at times.

So why share with your pals and family just how important they are?!  I bet you have some cool friends out there that have no idea how much they rock.

It can be a path of joy and wonder  with birds singing, it can be dangerous or lonely stretch  where no one calls your name…The only thing I know for certain is at the end of the road is black dog hungry and expecting us… so until then I’m taking one day at a time with a little help from my friends.  ..Now who’s next in my book of cool??

Peace and Love all

No comments:

Post a Comment