Monday, April 27, 2015

30 day challenge-drink a gallon of water a day


Hello All,
Time for me to experiment with another health tip that's been around forever but I never tried. Drinking a gallon of water a day!

On Average the human body is made up anywhere from 55% to 78% of water and that alone is of interest to me if I am not getting enough water daily.
A quick search on the internet will bring up loads of information on why we need to have water as a staple from boosting our metabolism to flushing out fat.
My interest is the amount in question, in the past when I would read statements like you need to drink 8 glasses a day,  well that sounds a good deal like the marketing dept for companies that sell bottle water. Myself I have been drinking for the most part coffee,almond milk, homemade smoothies and wine for the past few years.
Not so much on the plain old H2O.
I figure with the veggies I eat I’m getting my water etc..but I also have taken note my body has not improved much the past year, my weight has stayed off, I am working out on a regular basis so lets see if extra water helps out!
So a few days ago I started drinking a big glass of water through out the day, I started out by exchanging a cup of coffee for a tall glass of water. I’ve read that all kinds of wonderful things happen if you add some fresh lemon slices to your water, I will try that as well at some point.
So I wanted to share what’s happened in just the first few days..
My energy is up, perhaps all that running to the bathroom.
I’m eating a bit less, I always drink a large glass of water before a meal.
The best thing so far and this may be the important thing for anyone with late night cravings..The other night my wife and I came home from an early date night and I’m sitting around thinking a snack in front of the TV sounds real good,but I try and not eat after 8pm. The craving was really strong so first thing I did was drink some more water, went in the other room looking for something and after a few minutes I found that the craving had passed!
Now to me that alone is a big deal, so for now on when I feel the need to snack out comes the water bottle.
I checked my waist measurement as well as my weight and I will report back in a month and let you know how it turns out.
Drink up!

Peace and Love all



No comments:

Post a Comment