Saturday, April 18, 2015

Film review: Into the Wild

 

Hello All,

 

Something a little different I wanted to share a film with you all that I find to be very important. Into the Wild is a 2007 Sean Penn film based on the true story of a young man who after graduating decides to go on an adventure ala Jack London and reach his goal of Alaska. Christopher McCandless gives away his money and hits out on the road determined to live one day at a time.  Sadly he makes a fatal mistake and it costs him his life. The film is a tribute to Chris and tries to show us the world through his eyes.

I have seen the film perhaps three times now and it haunts me..the scenery and music along with an excellent cast just makes for a wonderful film.

You can debate about the mistakes he made or if he was selfish or cruel to his parents for not keeping in touch. What I take away from the film at least, is a story of a person filled with a wonderful giving spirit. The different people who spent time  with the actual Chris McCandless all seem to see something special in him.

I find it hard to express in a few words the feeling of joy I get, but he gives me faith in people.

Do your self a favor when your in need of something more than the daily rat race , check out this film and step Into the wild.

Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment