Friday, April 17, 2015

Reshuffle the deck

 

Life is not fair, it never was …and so what are you going to do about it?! I don’t know of anyone myself who has it easy. I know a lot of people who on the outside have everything going for them but once I got to know them ,well time and time again I learned that they shared the same mind set.  These people who seem to get life understood that no matter what cards they were dealt, the game was only beginning.

 

My mother told me that when we moved to America and were invited out somewhere she would be so nervous,but my dad would enter the room like he owned it. Dad would say “ I feel like James Bond” and he would take on the role for the night until it became second nature.  Now to be honest my dad was a lean and handsome guy with a Scottish accent ,but he figured out too Americans that made him different and he played it up.

That’s my parents on the far left.

10391637_1163215443138_7533265_n 

Myself, I’m short and bald and look dreadful in a suit, I look more at home on a loading dock than I do at a cocktail party.  So I play that card…and I have adapted my strengths over the years to overcome what I consider my flaws.

Anyone of us can take control of the cards.

Now change is tough, which is excellent, because if you are willing to change or adapt than you will be for ahead of the rest of the great unwashed who or too lazy or lack imagination.

I work for a company that helps customize wheelchairs for individuals, so over the past twenty years I have met some amazing people who most would say were not given a good hand of cards.  Just this week I picked up a co-worker at the airport who was in a wheelchair and her independence and strength inspired me all day.

She has a sparkle in her eye and our sense of humor clicked , her attitude was life is going on and I don’t want to miss any of it!

I can list my flaws all day long, and if you know me I’m sure you could some more to the list. I don’t believe in perfection but I am a very big  proponent of improvement from within.

Every day is a chance to add too yourself esteem,  so instead of having the Monday blues find ways to make Monday work for you. Change the deck in your favor, make Monday night the best dinner of the week or make that date night.

Today's rant is in short  Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same!

 

Peace and love

No comments:

Post a Comment