Wednesday, April 1, 2015

When no one else is watching

 

 

Hello All,

There is a moment, a very precise second when the axis of the Earth changes its tilt and you see in a different light.  

If you have a personal trainer or a coach it is admirable how much you get done and your work effort,but  the people I ‘m thinking about are the ones out there all year long in all types of weather fighting for their health. I wanted to reach that next level of thought that drove these people.

Dedication to a set task is part for some people, I need to be fit for a wedding in six months or a wrestler or boxer must make weight for a match. The  long sometimes lonely road when no one is cheering you on or even watching you is what I speaking of. It is so easy to just say why bother or not today…most of us know that well. I have discovered by endless attempts and paths that the reason why they do what they do is ,the pay off is amazing.

 

Just some  observations on how I feel when I workout and when I don’t.

Workout and eat healthy:

My over all feeling is better, I feel rewarded for my efforts every time I take the stairs and my chest does not hurt. I love when I try on new clothes and I have to go down another size because of the fat I lost. The great sense of accomplishment when I set out to say bike ride 15 or 20 miles and I not only do it,but I do it with grace.

Skip workouts and ignore what I eat.

I feel bloated and tired, as well as disgusted with myself. I feel hungry and crave more junk food. My body gets rundown and I get sick more often. My sleep suffers and I feel tired though out the day.

Clothes are feeling tight and uncomfortable. I feel overwhelmed and my mood sinks into depression.

So when I see people working out in whatever form they choose and they are all alone with just their thoughts, well now I get it. I get why they push when so many other people give up or never try.

No comments:

Post a Comment