Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Don’t think twice, its alright

 

Sometimes we fuck up, I tend to more then most. I try and do my best with my food intake and my workouts but I still mange to make errors in my  judgment and sometimes I choose the wrong path because it turns out I am painfully human. The trick is to not beat yourself up and throw away all your past efforts.  My Friday and Saturday nights are my prime time to slip up. I’m not blaming my Scottish blood I just happen to like to have a drink or two. Now its 2am and some late night taco place is open , perfect lets eat until I’m sober.  I have done this once or thirty times but now I pay the piper the next day. If I did the crime then I will do the time and work it off and have a hard week ahead of me.

I don’t beat myself up, I except that I fucked up and get on with it.  Life is way too short to live with measuring each calorie and worrying about the scale etc… If you spend most of your days following the rules of good health it will start to become second nature to you and not drudgery. I still look up new foods to see the calorie intake but overall I have learned what’s a good portion for me.

This week it has rained most nights and we have had some places we had to be so we did not get in our regular bike ride or after dinner walk. So I new it was coming so I pushed myself to get in as much walking as I could during my work day. I stop and do some push ups on the back staircase whenever I go up or down them. I always park as far away from my building as I can. In short you do what you need to do, and what you can’t you make up later . Keep moving forward and don’t be so hard on yourself.

Do your best , don’t stress out and make the best choice you can every day.

Peace and Love all.

Todays basement gypsy song was easy to pick.

No comments:

Post a Comment