Saturday, May 3, 2014

I want a treat that I don’t have to feel bad about!

About two years ago I discovered that we owned a blender!! As always I had no idea what’s in our house. So I tried different things and came up with lots of nice tasting smoothies. This is my latest and I don’t have  any idea what it should be called but what it tastes like is fantastic!

I was reading my friends Facebook page and she posted a nice breakfast smoothie and I found out what I was missing in my smoothies!

 

10294376_10201703372968666_2716575486627285138_n 

This purple smoothie (good a name as any) is very simple to make and in one blender full was enough for two tall glasses.

Ingredients:  1 banana. some spinach leafs,frozen blueberries, coconut milk and almond butter.

I sliced up the banana and tossed it in the blender, added some frozen blueberries about a cup full or so(I’m a guy I do not measure food). Balled some fresh spinach leafs (again no idea how big a ball) tossed that in. Filled the blender about half way with the coconut milk (mine is vanilla flavored)and for good measure I added a spoonful of almond butter!

Zap until it all seems to be smooth and you now have a very nice drink packed with flavor and energy for you a summers day.

I did a little search on the calorie count for folks who count calories and a good guess would about 260 calories more or less.

I have no idea what is inside all the store bout juices and smoothies , I enjoy knowing what I am adding to my body.

If you have any questions or comments please drop me a line.

Peace and Love all!

2 comments: