Friday, May 2, 2014

Zucchini and onions

 

Hello all, my wife thought it might be a good idea to share some of my recipes, so I decided to share a brand new one to me and I would post about the steps and how it ended up. Baked Zucchini chips!

Well the problem is we had a late dinner and I had two glasses of wine and in short I will do all of that tomorrow. So here is a recipe I know very well and use a lot. This is my post dinner I need something to eat more then just a snack.

I take a small onion and dice it up, I then slice one zucchini or yellow squash into very thin slices. I add a little virgin oil to a frying pan and toss in the veggies, As everything starts to cook I add ground sea salt and pepper. I stir everything and the onions get a little blackened and I keep turning the slices of zucchini. This goes on for about 15 minutes and then at the last minute I sprinkle on some parmesan  cheese.

I pour all this on a plate and add some hot sauce! You can add whatever you like,if I have bell peppers I add some slices of them as well.

I end up with a very nice hot and spicy meal that is very low in calories but fills me up. This also works for me on nights when I have a lighter meal for dinner at 5 pm and now its 8:30 and I wish I would have had more. So altogether about 20 minutes of time to prep and cook and a filling snack that will not ruin your diet.

If you don’t like onions switch them out with bell peppers, I like to add as much color to my dishes and the flavor is great. So in short all you need is Virgin oil or coconut oil, Zucchini, one onion and a sharp knife. Add the spices you like.

Once you get into cooking healthy dishes you will never want to go back to fast food or crap out of a box.

As always drop me a note with any questions.

Peace and Love all!

No comments:

Post a Comment