Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Scottish Shower

Well this one I fully admit I had real doubts about. Why on Earth would you want to take a cold shower??!! I mean you hear jokes about someone being so horny they need a cold shower,or every January we see people run into the icy winter waters for a few seconds and then race back to the shore. I watch them from my  living room with multi layered sweaters on.  What is the attraction?

Well I got suckered in by Ian Fleming who created James Bond, after Sean Connery rose to fame playing Bond Mr. Fleming would add touches here and there to make Bond Scottish. In one novel he said Bond would start his day with a “Scottish shower” sounds either racist or a sex act involving a Kilt and  an item to be named later. Turns out it a way of taking a shower to stimulate for the day,it involves starting with a hot shower and then going very cold and then back to warm and then finish off in icy cold North sea fashion.

Just a few things its supposed to do for you:

1. Improve circulation

2. Relieves depression

3.Increase metabolic rate

4. Keeps skin and hair healthy

5.Increase testosterone

6. Increase energy

7. burns fat

So if it works for 007 I figured what the hell, so I dove into my first Scottish shower!

I will spare you the details of my shower routine but the main result was WOW !!!!!, I’M WIDE THE FUCK AWAKE AND READY TO TAKE ON THE DAY!!! I mean I stepped out  of the shower ready to kick ass, my skin felt good and I just felt very much alive!

I’m a moody guy from time to time and I got to admit I came out feeling pretty good for the rest of the day.

Does it do all the things I listed? I don’t know about all of it, I do know it gave me energy and put me in a better mood which made me move better all day. So if this is some type of placebo , well then excellent it fooled me.

I’m adding this to my healthy life style changes, this falls under not a cure all for everything ,but a real step for me at least in the correct direction.

Give it try and let me know what you think.

Peace and Love all

Here’s todays basement gypsy song!

No comments:

Post a Comment