Sunday, November 4, 2012

A Ghost story?

I enjoy a good ghost story be it in a book or a film. My personal favorite scary book is Ghost Story by Peter Straub and film I would go with The Legend of Hell House based on Richard Matheson’s novel.  The idea of going on a ghost haunt had always appealed to me,after all I felt like Dickens David Copperfield and was “born to see ghosts”. My wife and I use to collect books and when we found some local places, well game on.

We once took a road trip to Peoria Ill. in our own Mystery van like Scooby Doo and company. We walked through grave yards at night and visited their local scary spots (we saw a drunk who we decided was  a brain eating zombie) good times! As the years rolled on though I became more and more of a skeptic to now I just question everything and can no longer watch anyone on a ghost haunt on TV without thinking how stupid it is.

I write about this because it I found this to be the same in weight loss and health. I read so much stuff and thought somewhere out there is the truth, but the truth is there is a lot of bad information so you need to be a skeptic but at the same time do not dismiss everything. A better thing to do is to question first. We know that in general you need to move more and eat less, this will never change. Weight loss should be a very, very slow process,if someone says you can lose 20lbs in a month I would call that a red flag.

I like the idea of first getting your head around “I want a better version of myself”. Not an air brushed model who is good looking to start with,just you with some basic good habits.

Simple changes: Walk everyday for at least 30 minutes, eat lots of dark fresh greens,avoid bread and pastas as much as you can. Eat more fruit and give up sugar.

Oh and about ghosts stories, I have one that stays with me and challenges all my skeptic notions. My wife and I were turning out the lights of the house as we were heading to bed. I reached into the kitchen to switch off the light from our hallway. On the back of the stove was a small glass for holding toothpicks. I saw it lift off the stove on its own and then glide across the the stove and set its self down near one of the burners. My wife saw this as well. We just stared and I have no explanation for this. Ghosts?? No idea at all. It has never happened again as far as I know,but it did happen the way I just told it. Very strange Penny Lane.

No comments:

Post a Comment