Saturday, November 17, 2012

That’s the way

Now that its getting colder and the clocks have changed. when I leave for work its dark and when I head home same thing. So I need to adapt my plans. I will be missing out on much needed sunshine so I make sure I get outside at my lunch break and just take a few laps around our office. On weekends or any days off I go for a much longer walk.

This is the time also when people tend to shut down and eat comfort foods and lots of deserts from all the holidays and never venture outside unless they have to. Bundle up folks and go for a walk, layer your clothes and make sure to wear a hat and gloves. My local foot path which is crowed all year will now have long sections all to myself. Great chance to see wild life and knock off some pounds.

I use the winter months as well to break out my weights to help make up for my lack of bike riding. I don’t get all crazy with this, just basic strength training,some curls,planks and push ups and the dreaded pull ups. I can’t say enough about adding any moving to your day, just adding some steps here and there will add up quick.

When I workout which is always a very casual sorta thing, I like to shake up my routines, If I’m bike riding I might break out into going 100% for 5 minutes or leave the trail and go over some rough ground. Same goes for walking, at one park I go to they have challenge stops along the way where you can work out your arms. chest stomach and not just your legs.

Enjoy the Fall colors and get out and take on the Winter chill.

 

Peace and Love all.

No comments:

Post a Comment