Thursday, November 8, 2012

You say you want a revolution

Watching the Oscars a few years ago I heard this great line by funny man Steve Martin coming on stage after some young good looking actor “  I would give anything to look like that guy,well I would not eat right and workout”.

Goofing_Off_w._Mark_04-07-05

In the picture above I’m wearing sweatpants because nothing else fit, and I’m watching TV pretending I look pretty much like all the cool guys in films I love. I do look a bit like Marlon Brando in Apocalypse  Now! The truth though was I was kidding myself and fooling no one around me. I had become an old fat guy with next to no effort really. I just ate the wrong food at the wrong time which made me weaker,and always left tired and even more hungry.

My next trend was to try and workout while eating the same crap. Results : I ate even more crap and got fatter. I soon got fed up with trying to workout but I continued to eat even more , so as each year went by another 20lbs of lard was added to my short stocky frame.

 

The magic light went off when I found out that everything I was doing was wrong, and I needed to revolt against the system I had set for myself. I was amazed at how much better I started to feel once I had set my mine. Its sorta like having a secret power, I knew I was going to get fitter, lose weight and start enjoying life again. I set up little goals and large goals. I took all my measurements chest,hips ,waist,legs etc.. I tried on shirts and jeans and the scale whenever I felt like it.

 

The scale is in fact the least important type of measurement, I could care less what the scale is compared to how I feel and how I look. I still check my weight out of old bad habits but I do not let it control me. I have done everything right and got on the scale and seen my weight go up ten pounds. I no longer get frustrated by weight because so much more is going on. As we build lean muscle you look better and move better.

In fact for me once I started my own personal revolution I could already see the end results, no one else could but I had already changed my mine. I quit acting like a fat guy, I would dress as good as I could,sweat pants were for workouts only. I started out very small,and any thing I did was considered a victory. Again no one knew when I was having these little victories,but I knew.

I like the the idea of me against the odds,maybe it’s a Scottish thing or a macho fantasy, no matter I was living it. Every time I see someone sitting, I would think I’m walking I’m stronger then them,same would go for food. I would take my time and read up on food and make the correct choices for me.

If your not happy with yourself then its time to make a plan, start a revolution of your own and picture yourself in that outfit that defines you!

Wedding_Suit_2012-11-08_001

Peace and Love all!

2 comments:

  1. Words seem rather small in view of your achievement so -

    WELL DONE
    YOU ARE AMAZING
    KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

    :-)) xxx

    ReplyDelete