Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Can you see the real me?

There is no one like you. Who else has experienced the events that shaped you. I have told my kids that we start life like a smooth ball of clay and then imagine that ball being rolled down a street. It would be perhaps dirty or jagged,maybe broken in half. How we are shaped has a lot to do with the road we roll down. The difference we have is how we chose to handle what the road sends us.

I really enjoy folks who define themselves every day by their actions over whatever path they have come from. I don’t ever want to waste any time feeling sorry for myself. No one has got it all figured out as far as I can tell. There’s and old story where you take your problems and write them down on paper,now you place them in a box and toss them into a huge bonfire along with all the people you work with everyday or live near by. Now you have to reach into the fire and take someone else’s box of problems..most of us would be trying to get our old problems back after seeing what the other guy has to do everyday to appear normal.

The people I have come to admire most are people who know themselves well and are comfortable in their own skin. I have some really cool people in my life and I have learned so much from just watching how they handle themselves with grace during a stressful time,dignity when you don’t have a dime and walking into a room like your Steve McQueen when you just stepped out of your compact car that’s 15 years old. I learned from my brother that wherever your at you make that the  best place to be. Laugh with Kings and reason with fools, its all about attitude and wearing what you dig.

 

We are complex and in constant change,don’t let yourself get trapped into a corner by what you believed to be so true 10 or 20 years ago. Go try those Green eggs and Ham!,might be good (sounds primal to me). Some folks like to have you all sorted out, it makes it easier for them. They don’t like to be  surprised with your crazy new ideas. I think we are far to important to not spend some time on ourselves to understand what makes us tick. I think you are the best person to decide what is the best path for you.

We have some built in warning signs left over from some primitive version of ourselves, the little hairs standing up on the back of our neck, blushing, cold sweats etc..Start paying attention to yourself and take note of how you act in different situations. I have found my self strutting like a peacock, making a clinched fist and getting a cold shiver (someone walking over your grave). Its very funny these things happen all the time without notice unless you go looking for them.

So todays little thought is take note of your own actions, you are not invisible and every action you take does matter and has effect on you and everyone you come across on this path your walking.

293246_3395514689224_639897422_n

No comments:

Post a Comment