Saturday, November 24, 2012

Muscle up

Hello all. hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday! My wife made a great meal and we had lots of family and friends over. Perfect storm for an excellent day. I even enjoyed some of her  Pumpkin pie over the weekend Not part of my primal diet but I shoot for 80% or more towards staying on my plan. When I have something like a slice of pie or over due it with drink, then I go a little harder for the next few days.

 

598342_4444591486198_796451271_n

So last year I started my plan and a lot of people asked how long until I revert back to my old ways. It’s a fair point to bring up, lots of people lose weight for a few months. The trick is the long game. I  remind myself of how bad I felt and how disgusting I looked. I remember the shame of not being able to wear any clothes in my closet. It took me a long time to learn about food and as for as working out I went for very simple this year,walking and bike riding. So now I’m very close to my goal of being under 200lbs, I have been as low as 205 and as high as 215 the past few months. It does not seem to matter what I do. So time to change it up and shock my body.

Lifting weights is a very good way to burn fat and tone your body. I have to admit I have been lazy about this over all this year so now I’m pushing myself. I think its very good to change up your work out plans on a regular basis. You will be less likely to become bored and it keeps your body working different sets of muscles.

When you hear about muscle builders being ripped, they actually mean they are “ripping” and expending their muscles. You need to have some time in between to let your body heal. I would recommend something easy you can follow three days a week. Again don’t set yourself up for failure by trying to over do it. You don’t need to join a gym, get some dumbbells and a sturdy chair and your on your way.

I’m not an expert and would not feel right telling people the correct forms for weight lifting,you can find all you need online. I will be checking in from time to time to see how my weight lifting is coming along for me and I will be happy to share my thoughts and tips I can offer.

 

dumbbells

Thanks for stopping by, peace and love all!

No comments:

Post a Comment