Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Energy Vampires

An energy vampire is someone who walks into your day and just takes away all the joy from whatever task you have at hand. Unlike the creatures from Bram Stoker and Anne Rice these vile fiends can attack on the sunniest of days.

There power seems to come from zapping all of your joy from any given plan you have. They lurk almost anywhere some favorite haunts are office meetings,family picnics little league games,just about anywhere you go and they show up with there banners that say things like “what’s the point” or “It will never fly Wilbur”.

So we need to arm ourselves like Van Helsing and be ready for any attack that might come our way.

The best power is to just ignore their relentless sour mood,this in its self can flat out destroy these constant wet blankets of doom. I now welcome their attacks and try to disarm them anyway I can. It’s a pretty good mental work out but it does not burn many calories so you still have go for a walk. A common trait the “EV” have is to share some bit of juicy gossip, when a known “EV” appears with said gossip I like to throw them off with a questions like “is this the truth?”or “what your about to tell me is something that will help me?” If not, why would you think I would want to know this.

A pastime for life suckers of fun is to spoil the surprise ending of a film or novel, that’s always good for them.

My point here amongst my ramble is not to let them get to you, ever! You make your plans, your goals and ignore the outside voices and those negative ones in your head as well. Just this week I took control of all the negative talk on my car radio, I decided enough is enough and reset my stations. If I do not get joy from what’s on or at least information why would I listen to it.

On Facebook I know its all about everyone’s space to promote what they like (please see my video below) but I dropped several folk for their constant need to promote hate or propaganda. It ’s about choice for them and also for you though. Every action has a reaction.

I’m making the choice to fill my days with fun, up beat and open minded people, as far the dreaded energy vampires ..fuck em who needs to be bored.

Love and Peace all!

No comments:

Post a Comment